The majority of homeowners don’t think too much about the components of a refrigerator before it stops running, or before it is time to replace it. To guarantee you get the most from this kitchen appliance it can be extremely good to understand exactly how it keeps your food and drinks cool—and Lee’s Summit Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you will want to understand about how a refrigerator runs, how it cools your food and drinks and if it is the time to hire refrigerator repair Lee’s Summit.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many houses that do not feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have household appliance for a lot of years now. A refrigerator stores your food at the right temperature, to eliminate spoilage and stop harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from inside of the unit to the outside, by using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Lee’s Summit Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combination of a motor and a pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant dispensed in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important part of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call on a professional service if the compressor stops working.
The condenser is found on the rear outside wall of the refrigerator and will help to emit the heat collected from within the refrigerator then out into the surrounding air.
The evaporator is stored on the interior of a refrigerator where it absorbs the heat held inside of it, thereby lowering the interior temperature.
Right when the evaporator is not working, it’s time to hire a professional. Do not wait too long.
Liquified refrigerant is transferred through a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby turning the gas into liquid.
A thermostat regulates the temperature throughout the refrigerator, engaging the cooling cycle when required.
The thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Lee’s Summit for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature in the interior of the refrigerator rises above the set point sensors notify the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cool down begins. The appliance attracts the cold liquified refrigerant, condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and increases the temperature, in order to turn it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with warmer air temperature in the kitchen and returns back to a liquid state.
3. The cooled liquified gas then continues on its journey to the evaporator component, pushing through the many coils on the interior of the appliance and freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the heated air from within the appliance, thereby lowering the temperature down to the correct set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas form, and then returns to the compressor unit to continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often found in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and residential freezers. By removing warmth from one area and then distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling your house, provides a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and helps with manufacturing and storage of many different products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? You can schedule repair with Lee’s Summit Appliance Repair.
Lee’s Summit Appliance Repair is able to repair almost all popular brands of refrigerators – that includes commercial models, side-by-side and stand-alone.Our licensed technicians in Lee’s Summit are trained to repair and troubleshoot issues with cooling, broken ice makers, condensation, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital panels, smart functionality and numerous other issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! Call today!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working